Chicken and Leek Risotto
Syn free - Serves 2
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 large leek – Chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1 large chicken breast – 200 grams chopped into bite sized pieces
- Two rashers of bacon with all visible fat removed. Cut into small pieces. Can use chorizo for added syns
- 150 grams Arborio rice
- 400 ml Vegetable Stock I use a stock pot or cube
- Small cup of frozen peas Or fresh peas if you have them
- Salt and pepper to taste. I sometimes add a fresh hot chilli finely chopped for added hit of flavour.
Fry the chicken pieces, bacon and leeks in Frylight for three minutes over a medium heat
Add the Arborio Rice and fry for a further two minutes
Throw in the frozen peas and the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season to taste.
Cover and simmer gently stirring occasionally. The water will be absorbed into the rice in about 20 minutes.
Serve with broccoli or cabbage.
Note: This is a soft and squidgy risotto recipe because of the Arborio rice. Real comfort food.
More recipes at - www.theworldofslimming.com