Slimming World Bolognaise
Syn Free - Serves up to 6 people
- 750 grams 5% fat minced beef
- 1 Large onion - chopped
- 2 or 3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 whole tube of tomato puree – not the cheap ones
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes – again not a cheap one.
- 1 can of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 Beef stock cube dissolved in 300ml boiling water I use the Knorr rich beef stock
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste but don’t be mean with the pepper.
- Either a teaspoon of cayenne pepper for hot sauce or handful of basil leaves for milder version.
Use a large saucepan and brown off the minced beef. You can use 25ml oil but I don’t to keep the fat content down.
Add the onion and the garlic cloves and cook together for 3 minutes
Add all the remaining ingredients and blend together
Check the seasoning after 10 minutes
Let the whole bubble away for 25 minutes to reduce the liquid and caramelize the tomato sauce.
Serve with pasta and vegetables of your choice